Search Lawyers

US Divorce Decree Lawyers

Unfortunately, even after the documents of your divorce are finalized, there are still ongoing issues that you may need to deal with. This is especially the case if you and your ex-spouse have children together. Even though you are no longer married, you will always be tied to one another through your children. Divorce decrees address changes in circumstances that will impact the conditions of your divorce, such as:

  • property division,
  • spousal maintenance,
  • child custody and parenting time,and
  • child support payments.

Post Motion Divorce Decrees

There are a number of instances where you or your ex-spouse may want to change the terms and conditions of the divorce, for example:

  • you plan on moving out of state,
  • you are concerned about the state of your child,
  • you want to spend more time with your child,
  • your child support was granted before 2007 (due to new guidelines in place that are worth reviewing and possibly altering),
  • you plan on remarrying or living with someone else
  • you change careers and thus your income changes,or
  • you decide to sell property acquired through the divorce.

If you wish to modify your divorce agreement in any way, you will need to file a post motion decree. A US divorce attorney can help you with this process.

Modification of Parenting Time and Child Custody

Modification of parenting time/visitation and child custody are two of the most common matters that our firm handles. Modifying parenting time is a lot easier than changing the terms of your custody agreement. You may want an additional day with your child, or you may wish to completely alter the terms and conditions. Whatever the case, we can help. If it is in the best interest of the child to spend more or less time with you, it can be arranged.

Modification of Alimony Payments

Modifying spousal maintenance is another post motion decree that we deal with often. It is not easy to modify alimony unless your situation has changed dramatically. If your former spouse is getting remarried, if he or she has lied about assets, or if he or she did not provide a full disclosure of property, the case may be re-opened.

Copyright © 2021 GoldsteinLawyers.Net. All Rights Reserved.